The 2016 edition of NaMeX Annual Meeting took place in Rome, on June 15th 2016, at the “Casa del Cinema” (Largo Marcello Mastroianni, 1 – Villa Borghese).
10.00 – 11.00 AM
The event opened with a brief update about the projects and the development of Rome Internet Exchange, with a welcome speech from Vice-president Renato Brunetti and a strategic overview from General Manager Maurizio Goretti. Then agenda followed with an update on the latest news about european strategies in the Digital Single Market, with a contribution by Innocenzo Genna and an introduction to the National Fibers Registry by Francesco Loriga.
- 10.00 – 10.10 Introduction – Riccardo de Sanctis, President NAMEX
- 10.10 – 10.35 2015 Balance and projects for 2016 – Maurizio Goretti, General Manager NAMEX
- 10.35 – 10.45 Updates about Digital Single Market and communitary trends – Innocenzo Genna, Genna Cabinet
- 10.45 – 11.00 A federate Infrastructures Information System – Francesco Loriga, Infratel Italia [slide PDF]
MORNING SESSION: DO ALL ROADS LEAD TO ROME?
11.00AM – 1.00PM
In this session, we discussed with our guests about the chances Rome has as an additional international peering point, siding the one already existing in Milan.
- Chris George, Global Network Acquisition – Google
- Domenico Jannelli, Director Network Strategy – EMEA – Akamai
- Danilo Lanzoni, IP Network Engineering Manager – Wind
- Giorgio Gianesini, Europe Transport Design (IP Core) Manager – Vodafone
- Giuseppe Valentino, Head of Marketing, Line of Business IP, Data & MNCs Services – Telecom Italia Sparkle [slide PDF]
- Mike Hollands, Director Of Marketing And Business Development, Connectivity Segment – Interxion
Lunch 1.00 – 2.30 PM
AFTERNOON SESSION: ARE NEW CLOUD SERVICES CHANGING THE IXPs?
2.30 – 4.30 PM
In the afternoon session several experts discussed and shared their ideas about new challenges in the evolution of Cloud service, with close attention to rapidly growing Hybrid Cloud solutions.
Speakers at the session were:
- Antonio Cianfrani, Sapienza University of Rome [slide PDF]
- Paola Montanari, Marketing Manager BT Connect – BT Italia [slide PDF]
- Giuseppe Tilia, Responsible for the Digital Agenda – Tim
- Renato Brunetti, President – Unidata
- Ivan Botta, Chief Executive Officer – Enter [slide PDF]
- Andrea Viarengo, Cloud Services Leader – IBM
- Antonio Baldassarra, Chief Executive Officer – Seeweb
- Federico Guerrini, EMEA Technical Lead, Azure Networking, Identity, Security – Microsoft [slide PDF]
- Michele Melchionda, Dirigente del Centro unico servizi della Direzione generale sistemi informativi – Corte dei Conti
CONCLUSION: ROUND TABLE AND WRAP-UP
4.30 – 5.30 PM
In the final session was a wrap-up of the event, with the contribution of NAMEX Board members and questions from the audience.
- Antonio Baldassarra, Seeweb
- Renato Brunetti, Unidata
- Silvano Fraticelli, MC-link
- Domenico Jannelli, Akamai
- Alberto Maria Langellotti, Tim
- Danilo Lanzoni, Wind
- Giuliano Peritore, Panservice
- Rosario Pingaro, Convergenze
- Carlo Sansone, Cineca
Whole event will was moderated by Roberto Mastropasqua e Antonia Pelaggi (Ernst&Young).